Meet Dr. Colby
I moved around a lot growing up but I consider DeQueen, Arkansas to be home. I was often bullied throughout my school years for having ugly teeth. I was fortunate to undergo orthodontic treatment in middle school and it completely changed my life. The bullying stopped and I developed a new sense of self-awareness and self-confidence. At age 13, I decided that I wanted to be an orthodontist!
Education and Experience
My personal journey in becoming an orthodontist took me from Coast to Coast and around the world:
- For college, I attended the University of Arkansas (Fayetteville, AR) and graduated with a degree in Kinesiology.
- I earned my Doctorate of Dental Surgery (DDS) from the Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of the University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA).
- I completed an Orthodontic Research Fellowship at the University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine (Farmington, CT).
- I earned my Certificate in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics from the Eastman Institute for Oral Health of the University of Rochester (Rochester, NY).
- I am a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics, which means that I am a Board Certified Orthodontist. Board Certification is a voluntary credential that represents an orthodontist’s personal and public commitment to the standards of specialty practice and lifelong learning.
I am married to my high school sweetheart, Justin. We are the proud parents of two big fur babies – Tosha and Copper – who are littermate mixed-breed pups. Justin and I love to travel, scuba dive and go fishing. We are always up for trying new foods and experiencing new cultures. To relax, I enjoy massages and binge-watching various TV shows. Currently, I am binge-watching Parks and Recreation and Big Bang Theory.